IT ALL BEGINS WITH A SPARC
Join us in helping build the foundation for lifelong success! Skagit Preschool and Resource Center (SPARC) is a mission driven non-profit organization located in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. We provide individualized services for families and their children with unique developmental needs in Skagit County, WA. SPARC is seeking highly motivated substitute instructional assistants to join our growing team.
As a SPARC employee, we will rely on you to reflect our vision for children and families to feel supported and our community to be aware of the unique gifts of all children. Through every aspect of instruction and employee collaboration, we expect compassion, respect, and a high level of professionalism.
Previous experience with young children and/or children with disabilities is strongly recommended to ensure competency and knowledge in assisting children with a wide range of unique developmental needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years or older
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following but are not limited to, other duties may be assigned)
- Discuss assigned teaching area with classroom teacher to coordinate instructional efforts
- Assists students, individually or in groups, in classroom procedures that involve direct instruction, behavior management and physical assistance
- Must professionally interact with children, parents, and co-workers
- Assist in the supervision of children during recess and free play
- Communicate to the teacher any information regarding the children’s welfare
- Interact with children in accordance with SPARC policy
- Responsibility towards seeing that a child is not left unattended and awareness of safety procedures
- Ensure the safety of students at all times
- Maintain confidentiality at all times with co-workers, parents, center staff and outside professionals
- Assist in housekeeping tasks and inform teacher as to repair and replacement needs of furniture and equipment
- Ability to function in a calm, efficient, courteous manner under stress and to exercise careful judgment and tact in performance of duties
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Professionally interact with culturally and economically diverse students, staff, families, and members of the public
- Help ensure that children’s belongings and SPARC notices, etc. return home with child
- Assist children in toileting, dressing, and mealtime
- Comply with all SPARC policies and procedures
SPARC strives to provide an inclusive and inviting work environment. We value a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach in all services to our community. Teams communicate and collaborate regularly in order to support each other and the families we serve.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Classification: Full Time / Part Time
Pay: $17.86 – $23.63 per hour
Schedule: Monday – Thursday work week / school district year of September – June
- Employee Assistance Program
- Payment of employee’s portion of L&I taxes
- 3 days scheduled off for Thanksgiving break
- 2 weeks scheduled off during December for school district winter break
- 1 week scheduled off during April for school district spring break
- Annual continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match (If eligible)
- Reimbursement for work related mileage
- Sick Time
- Medical insurance (Full Time Only)
- Dental insurance (Full Time Only)
- Vision insurance (Full Time Only)
- Personal Time (Full Time Only)
Local travel between SPARC locations and home visits is required. For this reason, employees must have a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to spend periods of time:
- Sitting on the floor
- Lifting children up to fifty pounds
- Bending over/down to children’s level
- Physically restraining a child (when incorporated in his/her behavior plan)
SPARC is an equal opportunity employer.