SCHEDULE: Part-Time 16 hours a week M-TH
PAY RANGE: Pay Range $17.00/hr – $22.00/hr
To provide, plan, & implement an appropriate classroom environment to meet the needs of the special education preschool children. Assess developmental skills and support teacher in tracking data and support special education teacher and other staff in classroom for all children. Assist the teacher in the classroom: carrying out programs and preparing materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years or older, with general good health and a positive, cooperative attitude
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);Or working toward completion of high school equivalency
- Expressed interest or previous experience working with young children is recommended
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A current CPR and First Aid Certificate, pass a background check upon hire and fingerprinting within 30 days of hire and repeat as necessary per SPARC policy and procedures manual throughout employment, Food Handler’s Permit or to be scheduled for completion within 30 days of hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following but are not limited to, other duties may be assigned)
- Discusses assigned teaching area with the classroom teacher to coordinate instructional efforts
- Assists teacher in program planning, preparation and development of various teaching materials
- Assists students, individually or in groups, in classroom procedures that involve direct instruction, behavior management and physical assistance
- Assist in the supervision of children during recess and free play
- Communicate to the teacher any information regarding the children’s welfare
- Interact with children in a manner in accordance with SPARC policy
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to SPARC students and their parents
- Participate in team staffing by contributing information through working with and/or observing child
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Responsibility toward seeing that a child is not left unattended and awareness of safety procedures in working with children
- Participate in in-service training sessions (topic, child focus, whole staff, etc.) and willing to attend relevant classes and workshops
- Assist in housekeeping takes and inform teacher as to repair and replacement needs of furniture and equipment
- Help ensure that children’s belongings and SPARC notices, etc. return home with child
- Assist children in toileting, dressing, and mealtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to spend periods of time
- Sitting on the floor
- Lifting children up to fifty pounds
- Bending over/down to children’s level
- Physically restraining a child (when incorporated in his/her behavior plan
Only applicants who provide all three documents and meet qualifications will be considered.