Employment Opportunity: Medical Biller / Office Administrator
Schedule: Full Time, 32-34 hours a week Monday-Thursday
Compensation: $23.00/hr (estimated annual salary of 34,000-37,000)
Reports to: Executive Director
Is responsible for medical insurance client billing. Maintain company and employee records. Works closely with Executive Director and Leadership Team to fulfill a variety of administrative duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years or older, with general good healthy and a positive, cooperative attitude.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Certification in Medical Insurance Billing and Coding, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with insurance billing and/or knowledge of current ICD coding for insurance.
- Computer competency; Microsoft Office/ Excel, Word, Access and insurance billing software.
- Ability to multi-task, decision making, creative thinking, troubleshooting and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently for maintaining files, meeting timelines, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following but are not limited to, other duties may be assigned)
- Verify Insurance coverage for new and existing clients and obtain necessary physicians referrals and authorizations as needed.
- Verify and confirm Department of Disabilities Administration Caseload and monthly billing.
- Work with FRCs and Executive Director to prepare co-pay billing statements in a timely manner.
- Audit all insurance records/claims and resubmit if necessary.
- Maintain organize and completeness of medical insurance billing records.
- Communicate effectively with insurance companies, clients, FRCs, coworkers, and other external agencies via phone and written correspondence.
- Monitor contracts and increase preferred provider agreements including paneling and provider credentialing and identifying proper ICD codes as well as any other requirements.
- Maintain knowledge on current coding practices and software.
- Responsible for credentialing and maintaining the therapist as approved providers with insurance companies.
- Communicate effectively with Executive Director, FRCs and SPARC staff.
- Respond to families, staff, or insurance companies within the business day, or within 24 hours of scheduled work day.
- Attend agency and team meetings as required.
- Verify and confirm attendance records for billing purposes.
- Maintain confidentiality within SPARC.
- Maintain and assist in development of company Policies and Procedures and emergency response plans.
- Maintain employee records.
- Maintain, implement, and develop employment forms.
- Assist with staff recruitment.
- Process new employees, changes, and terminations.
- Maintain Employee Benefit contracts (Health Insurance, Retirement, etc.)
- Coordinate all staff training days with Executive Director and Leadership Team.
- Answering phones as needed to cover breaks and lunches for other staff.
- Maintain building records and assist with scheduling maintenance needs.
- Assist with daily IT operations and act as liaison to SPARCs IT specialist for SPARC staff.
- Maintain company website and social media accounts.
- Assist with coordination of annual auction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Lifting equipment up to 30 pounds.
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Simple IRA
- FSA Account
- Work related mileage reimbursement
- Continuing Education Funds
POSITION CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2019
For more information please contact
Amanda Sloan email@example.com (360) 416-7570
Employment Opportunity: Full Time Special Education Preschool Teacher
Skagit Preschool and Resource Center (SPARC) is a developmental preschool serving special education preschool students. This is a teaching position for a classroom with special education students ages 3-5. Teacher would be responsible for planning daily curriculum, individualizing activities to child’s needs, tracking goals and objectives on children’s IEPs, developing IEP’s and supervising assistants.
- Washington State Teaching Certification
- Special Education Endorsement
Benefits: Our benefits include; Sick time, personal time, medical and dental insurance, continuing education money, travel reimbursement, and participation in a SIMPLE IRA retirement.
For more information please contact
Vanessa Hagerty mailto:Vanessa@sparkids.org (360) 416-7570
Employment Opportunity: Substitute Teacher
- As needed Monday-Thursday (on call)
Job Description: Will be working in an Early Intervention and Preschool classrooms as an instructional assistant with special needs children ages 2-5.
Requirements: Must be 18 years of age, provide ID (such as Drivers License, ID card or Passport) and pass a Washington State DSHS background check
Benefits: $13.00 an hour
For more information or to fill out an application please contact
Vanessa Hagerty, Lead FRC & Lead Special Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org (360) 416-7570
Download Application PDF: Application