Finance Manager Job Description Overview
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years or older, with general good health and a positive, cooperative attitude.
Education and/or experience
- AA in Finance or Bookkeeping
- Proficient with QuickBooks Accounting Software or comparable software
- Preferred 5 years experience as full charge bookkeeper
Keeps records of financial transactions for the establishment and applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties personally or through other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following but are not limited to, other duties may be assigned)
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details for business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger
- Reconciles and balances accounts
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operations for business
- Calculates employee wages from records or time cards and prepares checks for payment of wages
- Prepares withholding, social security, and other tax reports
- Computes and mails monthly invoices to customers
- Completes records to or through trial balance
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers and board members
- Sends monthly financial reports to Board or Directors’ Treasurer, President, and the Executive Director prior to monthly board meeting for review
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlements
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation for accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Devises and implements system for general accounting
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures
- Conduct studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation
- Collaborates with team leads and executive director on various financial related tasks
- Assists Human Resources in preparation and execution of staff wage agreements
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and Board of Directors financial committee to prepare annual Budget and other annual financial reporting needs
- Works with a contracted accounting firm to complete annual financial audit and 990 report
- Completes all above duties for SPARC’s co-owned LLC
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.