To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Google Workspace
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Reliable transportation
Associate’s degree (AA) minimum required with at least three years related experience and/or training.
Special Education experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
Assist the Preschool Lead in daily tasks including but not limited to,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, administration, co-workers, parents
- Must be able to organize and maintain special education preschool records/files
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times with co-workers, families and district personnel
- Must professionally interact with culturally and economically diverse staff, families, and members of the public
- Work closely with the preschool lead to assist with office duties / daily tasks including faxing, scanning, filing, etc.
- Complete and maintain inventory of classroom materials, and ordering supplies
- Assist in development and implementation of training materials and curriculum development
- Acting as substitute coordinator
- Ability to substitute in classroom as needed
- Edit, review and create memorandums and correspondence with Preschool team
- Collaborate with team members effectively
- Must take Professional Development training / classes as advised by supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to spend periods of time.
- Sitting on the floor
- Lifting children up to fifty pounds
- Bending over/down to children’s level